Thursday, May 13, 2010

Part 1: C




Ithought Daily Burn was a great website. The site gives you tons of flexibility and allows virtually anyone to customize a program for themselves. I don’t currently use a program online to track my diet and exercise, but I might consider using this site in the future. The site is easy to use and the sign up was also very easy to use.



2. I would use this in a high school class, I think that I would set a level of minimal exercise a week for my students, that is individualized . Prior to setting minimum level I would do a pre test and see where the individual’s fitness levels were. Everyone is not the same therefore it would be important to have different levels for different people. I would use Daily Burn as a source of recording and tracking goals that the students have came up with. Using the goal and fitness plan creator, you can cover part 1b of the NYS learning standards.

3. I would use an excel spreadsheet for Standard 1a. By using a spreadsheet you can track progress and log scores of different things such as steps on a pedometer or score of a psychomotor assessment given in class. You can easily add data to the spreadsheet and make graphs to show students their progress. The students can also actually add the data themselves at the end of the days lesson as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment